It was established in 1860 in Pont d’Ain (Ain-France).
 
The founders were Father PRON and Antoine BESSAC (born in Lyon, 1824-1873). As the latter died, his elder son Benoît (1850-1882) took over the studio. Antoine BESSAC learned his trade at the MAUVERNAY studio, stained-glass master studio in Saint-Galmier (Loire – France).

After his death, his brother Jean-Augustin BESSAC (1858-1917) succeeded him. He settled in Grenoble in 1862 and made a large studio build where until 16 craftmen used to work. Another brother called Pierre BESSAC opened at this time a studio in Paris.

 




 click on the picture to enlarge it

 
 
   
philosophy
since 1860 until nowadays
the workshop today
open days